HiDeath

HiDeath
Staff member
Administrator
May 28, 2019
Earth
gs2us.com
I did just wake up with the email from the hosting provider,
it looks like they got a fire on their main datacenter and all the associated servers will be down for a while,

it looks like Dust2, ZPS, Classic are the one infected so far and they will take some time to be up again,
Things can take some time (few hours up to a day, assuming) and i'll be checking all the time to start the server once its back again

Please be patient everyone as some actions are really out of hand,
i'll extend all the VIPs/ADMINs/S.ADMINs during this time to cover all the lost time

HiDeath

HiDeath
Staff member
Administrator
May 28, 2019
Earth
gs2us.com
1615421636701.png

Update: according to the main hosting company,
this can take up to 15 March

i hope they fix it sooner as that, but really can't do anything apart from waiting within this situation,
i hope all the members be patient until the problem is fixed

i'll keep you updated!

mudit

ADMIN
Dec 12, 2020
Hi @HiDeath Do you have redundancy servers on any other DC's if not as suggestions if you took it on FR1 or AM1 for redundancy. I can help you in designing that in case if you required as this is my related background of low latency solutions architect. SBG2 is completely destroyed by fire while four rooms of SBG1 impacted.

• Love
Reactions: HiDeath

HiDeath

HiDeath
Staff member
Administrator
May 28, 2019
Earth
gs2us.com
Hi @HiDeath Do you have redundancy servers on any other DC's if not as suggestions if you took it on FR1 or AM1 for redundancy. I can help you in designing that in case if you required as this is my related background of low latency solutions architect. SBG2 is completely destroyed by fire while four rooms of SBG1 impacted.
thanks man, really appreciate that :)
the problem comes to the server ip as its known and used for trackers since a long time,
moving to a different one will require to same time as waiting as all the data are within this one (don't know if they got destroyed or not, they stated they will update us individually soon)

hopefully 2021 won't be that unlucky year with such a start :D:D

HiDeath

HiDeath
Staff member
Administrator
May 28, 2019
Earth
gs2us.com
UPDATE: the good news that the servers could be back today ( in couple of hours )
the bad news that all the data are lost which includes only the main server files/plugins/configs...
all the ranks, bans, and other players stats are located in different databases in different server, so it will remain the same,
the servers (dd2, zps and classic maps) would be rebuild and they'll be back today hopefully (same ips)

it was a real disaster for a lot of the online business, projects including our community,
but everything could be recoverable and back to normal and even better in the next upcoming weeks 👍

and thanks for everyone who's been a part of the community in last couple of years,
including all the paying privilege's members, anyone who's been active in the servers and helping within the moderation,
a good amount will be invested in the next weeks/months helping out to make the servers better in the first place
and ofc getting a better boosting with more players over time (like the past year or even better)

i'll keep you guys updated and i'll ping here when the servers are back :D

HiDeath

HiDeath
Staff member
Administrator
May 28, 2019
Earth
gs2us.com
UPDATE: the server is basically ready, but there still a single problem with bots preventing them from joining any team,
gonna be up soon :D

HiDeath

HiDeath
Staff member
Administrator
May 28, 2019
Earth
gs2us.com
UPDATED: Dust2 is up!
Here's the ip: 217.182.252.180:27015 or dd2.gs2us.com:27015

the new ip gonna be added to the boosting service,
please reply in here if you found any kind of bugs/problems :D

ZPS server will be reworked tomorrow, most probably the mod gonna change totally to something new and better!

Last edited:
Reactions: Wicki and 9pasha